Leadership GHA is a six-month intensive, hospital leadership development program. Since 2003, it has helped to identify, grow, and inspire new leaders in health care throughout the state of Georgia. The program includes professional workshops, conferences, panel discussions and field trips to a variety of hospitals and health systems to provide education on the key issues that make up Georgia's health care system. Participants will expand their professional networks yet remain in a position to add value to their organizations through personal development. To nominate someone from your hospital, complete the nomination form.
GHA-member CEOs and their nominated hospital employees are eligible and encouraged to participate. Class participants usually include CEOs, vice presidents, department directors, government relations directors and managers. Classes are a mix of senior and mid-level professionals from hospitals of all sizes located in all areas of the state.
Class members must be nominated by GHA-member hospital CEOs and CEOs are encouraged to self-nominate. Completed nomination forms must be received by March 31.
A one-time tuition fee of $2,750 will be billed to the nominating CEO’s attention upon acceptance of the nominee on or around May 15. Tuition covers program related expenses such as speakers, meals, A/V expenses, materials, group-related (bus) transportation during site visits, etc. Tuition does not cover hotel lodging or individual transportation (mileage) to and from the programs.
- January - Nominations officially open upon the GHA president's announcement at the Trustee Conference. Forms will be available onsite at the conference and the online nomination forms will be available the following Monday.
- March 31 - Nominations close.
- April 15 - Class members are notified of acceptance and mailed acceptance forms to be returned to GHA.
- May 15 - Class member acceptance forms are due back to GHA. Upon receipt, GHA sends invoices for the tuition to CEOs.
- June 30 - Tuition is due. Class receives details on Program #1 in July.
- July - Program #1 (2 nights, Wednesday-Friday)
- August - Program #2 (3 nights) in conjunction with the GHA Center for Rural Health Meeting
- September - Program #3 (2 nights, Wednesday-Friday)
- November - Program #4 (2 nights, Wednesday-Friday)
- January - Program #5 (1 night + optional 2 nights) Graduation and in conjunction with the GHA Trustee Conference
(Dates and locations subject to change.)
A 2023-2024 agenda will be available shortly. See the program agenda for 2022-2023 as an example.
Previous Leadership GHA Graduates
Leadership GHA has a long history of helping to train and develop the future leaders of health care. Many C-suite staff in our hospitals have completed the program. See past graduates.
Previous Host Hospitals
We would not be able to offer the quality health care leadership training we do without the participation of many of our member hospitals, who graciously host visits and tours for our Leadership GHA classes. Thank you to these hospitals for their involvement.