Though we are unable to meet in-person this year, we look forward to providing many opportunities for GONL members to connect virtually. Check back often for details on upcoming webinars and events.
Theory Practice Gap Impact for Students Graduationg in a Virtual Learning Environment - GONL Webinar
Thursday, April 13, Noon-1 p.m.
1. Define theory practice gap.
2. Describe virtual learning within nursing education and COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Identify challenges new nurse graduates may have after graduating from a virtual learning space.
4. Identify challenges facilities may have with new nurse graduates during COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Identify best practices for on-boarding, residency, and intern programs for new nurses graduating from a virtual learning experience.
The Basics of Financial Management for Nurse Leaders
Thursday, April 29, Noon-1 p.m.
This presentation will review common concepts used in the financial management of a Nursing Department. We will review common terminology, planning and controlling the budget, and reports used to analyze the financial status of the department. We will also discuss the importance of the relationship between Nursing and the Finance Department.