The PHA Patient Safety and Quality Awards recognize health care organizations for their achievements in reducing the risk of medical errors and improving patient safety and medical outcomes.
Enter the competition by sharing your successful projects and tell us how you improved health care in your organization!
March - Award competition opens. GHA releases award eligibility, applications and instructions to the membership.
September - Deadline for members to submit applications.
November-December - Third party judges review and score blinded copies of the applications.
January - Awards are announced at the Patient Safety and Quality Summit.
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Hospitals with Less Than 100 Beds
- Hospitals with 100 to 299 Beds
- Hospitals with More Than 300 Beds
- Hospital/Health Systems
- Specialty Hospitals (Long Term Acute Care, Rehab, Psychiatric/Behavioral, Other Specialty)
- Josh Nahum Special Award for Achievement in Infection Prevention and Control
*Circle of Excellence Award (no application required) is awarded to a hospital that wins an award in the current year as well as three or more PHA Patient Safety and Quality awards within the previous five years.
Contact Lynne Hall for more information.