The PHA Patient Safety and Quality Awards recognize health care organizations for their achievements in reducing the risk of medical errors and improving patient safety and medical outcomes.
July - GHA releases award eligibility, applications and instructions to the membership
October 30 - Deadline for members to submit applications
Nov. – Dec. - Third party Judges review and score blinded copies of the applications
January - Awards are announced at the Patient Quality and Safety Summit
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Hospitals with under 100 Beds
- Hospitals with 100 to 299 Beds
- Hospitals with 300 plus Beds
- Hospital/Health Systems
- Specialty Hospitals (Long Term Acute Care, Rehab, Psychiatric/Behavioral, Other Specialty)
- Josh Nahum Special Award for Achievement in Infection Prevention and Control
*Circle of Excellence Award (no application required) is awarded to a hospital that wins an award in the current year as well as three or more PHA Patient Safety and Quality awards within the previous five years.