Communities trust hospitals to provide quality care and education and use them as a resource for health, wellness, prevention and care.
Hospitals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Commitment to community service is a key component in Georgian hospitals' visions and mission statements. They incorporate community benefit principles as they provide programs and services that
- emphasize disproportionate unmet health-related needs;
- emphasize primary prevention;
- build a seamless continuum of care;
- build community capacity; and
- emphasize collaborative governance.